About OfficeWriter Reporting Services 2005 and 2000 Sample Reports
You can download these reports as RDL files to run on your Reporting Services instance. To run these reports on your server, please note the following requrements:
- Rendering extensions: SoftArtisans OfficeWriter Reporting Services rendering extensions must be installed on your Reporting Services machine.
- Sample Databases: Below you will find links to download RDL files for Reporting Services 2000 or 2005. The 2005 reports require the AdventureWorks sample database that ships with Reporting Services 2005. The 2000 reports require the AdventureWorks2000 sample database which shipped with Reporting Services 2000. Certain reports may have unique database requirements which will be noted in the download link.
You can download popular SQL Server sample databases from Microsoft here:
How to use these reports with OfficeWriter
Click the "Download RDL file for this report" link on each report to download the RDL file that defines the report. You can open the RDL file in OfficeWriter designer to view the Excel or Word template that is used by OfficeWriter. Follow these steps:
- Download and save the RDL file(s) that you wish to view
- Open Word or Excel. If you have OfficeWriter Designer installed on your computer you will see the toolbar appear.
- In the OfficeWriter Designer, click "Open RDL" to open the report and view the template file.
- You can now make any changes you want to the template file. Use the dropdown menus in OfficeWriter Designer to place more data fields if you wish.
- Publish the report to your Reporting Services instance by clicking "Publish" or "View".
Note: You must have the required databases installed to successfully render the reports.
Word Company Directory Report
OfficeWriter can render reports in Word and Excel. This report demonstrates Word rendering by generating a document listing the employees in the Information Services department of the AdventureWorks company.
Word Purchase Order Report
This is a standard purchase order document generated by OfficeWriter for Word and Reporting Services. There are two DataSets used in this report: one for the order header information and totals, and another for the order detail data. The Word table in the template dynamically grows depending on how many rows of order detail data are returned by the query.