For more information on installing and configuring OfficeWriter Reporting Services Integration, see Installation or contact your System Administrator.
A sample RDL and Template file are available for download in the Samples section.
OfficeWriter Designer.NET Toolbar
Once the RDL file is opened in the Designer, there are two ways to design your report.
Click Import Template and browse to the file you want to import.
- You will receive the following dialog box confirming the import:
- The sample report will look like the following when it is imported.
Publish and View Your Report
- Open a browser and go to the Reporting Services Report Manager (usually installed at http://<server address>/Reports).
- Navigate to where you published your report.
- Select the report. Reporting Sevices will display the report but only show you the data set.
- From the export option drop-down, choose Excel designed by OfficeWriter.
- When prompted, click Open . Excel will open and display your report the way you created it.