Open Report dialog opens when you select OfficeWriter Designer .NET > Open > Open from Server. It allows you to open RDL files that have already been created and saved to a remote SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) report server. RDLs for SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 and higher can be opened.
To open an RDL from a remote report server:
- Click Open from the OfficeWriter Designer .NET toolbar.
- Select Open from server.
In the domain or server URL field, enter the path to your SSRS report server. For example, http://MyReportServer/ReportServer. Click Refresh or hit Enter to connect to the report server.
If you have already connected to your report server, the address should be available in the drop-down menu. The address bar will automatically populate with the report server that was last connected to.
- Navigate to the RDL file on the report server.
- Double click the file or select the file and click OK to download the report.
- RDLs created in Visual 2005 or earlier
- RDLs created in Report Builder 2.0 or earlier
- RDLs created in OfficeWriter Designer MS Query integration