Table of Contents
Adding an ExcelWriter Reference in Visual Studio
Create a .NET project and add a reference to the ExcelWriter library.
- Open Visual Studio and create a .NET project.
- The sample code uses a web application.
- Add a reference to SoftArtisans.OfficeWriter.ExcelWriter.dll
- SoftArtisans.OfficeWriter.ExcelWriter.dll is located under Program Files > SoftArtisans > OfficeWriter > dotnet > bin
Writing the Code
Merging template together with CopySheet
1. Include the SoftArtisans.OfficeWriter.ExcelWriter namespace in the code behind
3. Define a method that will open the two template files and merge them together with CopySheet. In this case, the method is called
MergeTemplates(), instantiate the ExcelApplication object.
5. Open the workbook that the worksheets will be copied into. For this example, the second template will be copied into the first template workbook.
6. Open the second workbook that will be merged into the first.
7. Copy the worksheet from the second template into the first workbook. Worksheet.Name can be used to pass along the original name of the worksheet ("Percent by Quarter"). The worksheet should be copied to the end of the current worksheet collection (index 1).
Binding Data to the Merged Template
1. Create a method to handle binding and processing the data import for the combined template. For this example, the method is called
You can download the code for the Financial Report here.