There were some significant infrastructure changes made for SSRS 2012 in SharePoint integration mode that require a different installation process from native mode. These instructions are outlined below.
To install OfficeWriter the first time, run the automatic installation. Once the OfficeWriter installer has unpacked the dll files that contain OfficeWriter, you can re-install OfficeWriter manually (for example, if you are moving OfficeWriter to a different server).
Manually Installing OfficeWriter
- Make sure that the following are installed on the server:
- Microsoft .NET Framework Redistributable version 3.5 SP1 (or later)
- MS Reporting Services 2012
- SharePoint 2010 or later
- Copy the following files to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\WebServices\Reporting\bin (for SharePoint 2010) OR to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\WebServices\Reporting\bin (for SharePoint 2013)
- SoftArtisans.OfficeWriter.RS2008.dll (also used for Reporting Services 2012)
- Run LicenseManager.exe to install the OfficeWriterEE or OfficeWriterSE key.
- Start SharePoint 2010/2013 Management Shell. If you don't know the name of your Reporting Services instance, run the command Get-SPRSServiceApplication within Management Shell. For example, "SSRS2012App".
To install the rendering extensions, you will need to run a PowerShell command. First, create a text file called "InstallOfficeWriterForSSRS.ps1" that contains the following:
- To run the command, type
&"C:\FilePath\InstallOfficeWriterForSSRS.ps1"into Management Shell. This step may take a few minutes.
Modify the rssrvpolicy.config file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\WebServices\Reporting (for SharePoint 2010) OR C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\WebServices\Reporting (for SharePoint 2013). Add the following security trust codegroup to the file's <CodeGroup> node:
- To install the samples, upload the RDL files in OfficeWriter\ReportingServices\Samples to the SharePoint report library.
Manually Remove the OfficeWriter Rendering Extensions
- Follow the installation instructions in reverse.
To uninstall the rendering extensions, replace
New-in the PowerShell script with