The open report from disk dialog opens when you select OfficeWriter Designer .NET > Open > Open from Disk. It allows you to open RDL files that have already been created and saved to disk. RDLs for SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 and higher can be opened.
To open an RDL file saved locally:
- Click Open on the OfficeWriter Designer .NET toolbar.
- Select Open from disk.
- Browse to the folder that contains the RDL file.
- Select the RDL file and click Open.
File Support in OfficeWriter Designer .NET
Currently supported files
RDLs that are used in SSRS 2008 or later (2008 R2, 2012) are supported. This includes:
- RDLs created in Visual Studio 2005 that have been re-saved/upgraded in Visual Studio 2008
- RDLs created in Visual Studio 2008, 2010, or 2012
- RDLs created in Report Builder 3.0
Currently unsupported files
- RDLs created in Visual 2005 or earlier
- RDLs created in Report Builder 2.0 or earlier