About OfficeWriter Reporting Services 2005 and 2000 Sample Reports
You can download these reports as RDL files to run on your Reporting Services instance. To run these reports on your server, please note the following requrements:
- Rendering extensions: SoftArtisans OfficeWriter Reporting Services rendering extensions must be installed on your Reporting Services machine.
- Sample Databases: Below you will find links to download RDL files for Reporting Services 2000 or 2005. The 2005 reports require the AdventureWorks sample database that ships with Reporting Services 2005. The 2000 reports require the AdventureWorks2000 sample database which shipped with Reporting Services 2000. Certain reports may have unique database requirements which will be noted in the download link.
You can download popular SQL Server sample databases from Microsoft here:
How to use these reports with OfficeWriter
Click the "Download RDL file for this report" link on each report to download the RDL file that defines the report. You can open the RDL file in OfficeWriter designer to view the Excel or Word template that is used by OfficeWriter. Follow these steps:
- Download and save the RDL file(s) that you wish to view
- Open Word or Excel. If you have OfficeWriter Designer installed on your computer you will see the toolbar appear.
- In the OfficeWriter Designer, click "Open RDL" to open the report and view the template file.
- You can now make any changes you want to the template file. Use the dropdown menus in OfficeWriter Designer to place more data fields if you wish.
- Publish the report to your Reporting Services instance by clicking "Publish" or "View".
Note: You must have the required databases installed to successfully render the reports.
Excel Territory Sales Drilldown Report
This report demonstrates a drilldown sales report rendered by OfficeWriter for Excel. The initial report displays a list of orders grouped and subtotaled by territory. When you click on one of the order numbers, a subreport will be rendered which will display the drilldown view containing order detail rows.
Excel Product Sales Report
This is an OfficeWriter Enterprise Edition sample report. This report includes the following Enterprise Edition features:
- Formulas - Formulas are custom-built with the OfficeWriter Designer
- Report Parameters - Define render-time parameters to use for the report DataSets.
Excel Nested Data Report
This report demonstrates how conditional formatting can be used to create a nested report.
Note: This report requires the Northwind database.
Excel Analysis Services/OLAP Sample Report
This report demonstrates how to leverage OLAP technology with OfficeWriter, Excel, and Reporting Services. The RDL file contains a MDX query that runs against Analysis Services and the FoodMart database. The workbook generated by OfficeWriter contains a pivot table and pivot chart.
The query for this report was designed in Visual Studio .NET 2003 and then OfficeWriter Designer was used to add rich Excel capabilities to the report.