The tutorials in this section are designed to make getting started with ExcelWriter quick and easy. They have corresponding downloadable Visual Studio solutions.
Hello World Tutorial
- Business Labels — The Business Labels tutorial covers how to use SetMailMerge and NEXT fields to generate a document with business labels. There is one part. This tutorial assumes a basic understanding of merge fields and how to build templates for WordTemplate.
- Sales Invoice — This Sales Invoice generates an itemized invoice for a single order from AdventureWorks. This sample contains two parts that demonstrate the basics of building a document with WordWriter. By the end of this sample you will be able to create a document with data, formatting, and repeat blocks.
The resources here will help you get the most out of ExcelWriter.
This topics section offers best practices and guides to compliment the tutorials section. While the tutorials focuses on how to do something, the topics section focuses on when you use certain techniques, and why.
The WordWriter Samples include complete code samples with downloadable data, template files, and output files.
Quick guides are informative pages on a variety of ExcelWriter features and topics.
- Creating a Template
- Creating Merge Fields
- Formatting Merge Fields
- Adding Formulas to a Document
- Inserting an Image
- Inserting an Embedded Document
- Inserting HTML snippets
- Creating a Grouped and Nested Document
- Using a Database as a Data Source
- Importing from Multiple Data Sources
- Using an Array as a Data Source
- Importing Multiple Rows
- WordTemplate Output Options
Other Support Resources
Don't see what you are looking for? Check out our other support resources.