Sets or returns the generated spreadsheet's MIME content type.
In most browsers, Microsoft Excel files are mapped to the MIME type "application/vnd.ms-excel" and ContentType is set to this value by default. However, some browsers map Excel files to a different MIME content type, and the browser will not open a file of type "application/vnd.ms-Excel." In this case, set
ContentType to the appropriate MIME content type.
In Internet Explorer, to find out what MIME content type maps to Excel files:
- Open the Start menu and select Run.
- Entire regedit to open the Registry Editor.
- Open HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type. This folder contains a list of MIME content type folders. If you select a folder, you will see the extensions to which the type maps in the right frame.
In Netscape Navigator, to find out what MIME content type maps to Excel files:
- In the browser window, open the Edit menu and select Preferences...
- In the Category window select Applications.
- In the Description window, select an application to display its MIME content type.
ContentType is a Read/Write property.